Skip to content
Moving Tips | Storage Tips
- Organize your belongings. Purchase several size cardboard boxes. Make sure each box is manageable for one person. Clearly label the outside of the box with its contents. Packaging material is available at Georgetown Mini Storage.
- Make moving more manageable and help a good cause! Donate unwanted items to Goodwill. Sort clothing and donate the items you’ll never wear again! Contact Goodwill at (616) 457-0890 to arrange a drop-off.
- Reserve a Penske truck one week before your move. There is no cost to secure a reservation. Rent the most reliable trucks on the road – ask about AAA and AARP discounts! Call 616-457-4386.
- Save your back – recruit help for your move. Moving companies will let you hire their professional movers to make moving the heaviest items safe and easy. High school and college students can also be a good option for moving day help!
- Determine what size storage space you need. Check out the “Storage Units” page. There is a helpful guide to help determine which size storage unit will meet your needs. Planning and creative packing can make a storage space go a long way!
- Reserve a unit – availability is often limited. Give the office a call at (616) 457-6464 and reserve your desired unit today! Our knowledgeable staff can also help you determine which size unit will meet your needs.